Consultation will be given at time of appointment to determine if you are a candidate for this service.
The use of Blood Concentrates is becoming more and more popular in medical Aesthetics. Patients like the idea of using their own cells instead of a synthetic alternative in their quest for a younger and fresher look.
The Platelet-Rich Fibrin (PRF) technique uses the latest generation of Smart Blood Concentrates to generate a complex Fibrin Matrix rich in Platelets, Leukocytes and Mesenchymal stem cells. For 10-12 days this results in the constant release of Growth factors and interleukins which accelerate tissue healing and regenerating processes.
PRF is effective in most cases; no guarantees can be made that a specific patient will benefit from this procedure. Additionally, the nature of cosmetic procedure may require a patient to return for numerous visits in order to achieve the desired results or to determine whether PRF may not be completely effective at treating the particular condition. The healing process takes time and the final result won’t be readily visible for many months.
Possible Risks and Side Effects Associated with PRF:
- DISCOMFORT: Discomfort may be experienced during blood draw where there is a slight pinch to insert the needle for the blood collection as well as during the procedure if PRF is injected into the site. Repeat injections may be necessary.
- BRUISING, SWELLING, INFECTION: With any minimally invasive procedure, bruising of the treated area may occur. Additionally, there may be swelling noted. Finally, skin infection is rare, but always a possibility with any injection or incision into the skin.
- SCARRING: Scar at entry point is extremely rare but must always be considered a possibility when entering the skin. Delayed wound healing and/or scarring may occur.
- CONTRAINDICATIONS: Smokers may have less response to this treatment as toxins in smoke block the response of the Stem Cells. Cell death or Fibrosis may occur.
|Treatment Type||PRP Procedures|
|Treatment Problem or Condition||Fine Lines, Sagging/Loose Skin, Wrinkles|
- You may take pain medication such as Tylenol.
- A numbing cream is applied to the area of treatment.
- Approximately 10 cc of whole blood is drawn from your arm.
- The tubes of blood are centrifuged to separate the component cells. Platelets, Leukocytes and Mesenchymal stem cells are separated and used for this procedure.
- The liquid is then transferred into a syringe and injected using a tiny needle.